|City Seeks Volunteers to Serve on Parking Committee
The City of Mill Valley seeks two Mill Valley residents with an interest in parking issues to serve on an ad hoc committee to evaluate the City's Parking Enforcement Program and develop findings and recommendations for City Council consideration.
At the August 6 City Council meeting, Mayor Garry Lion authorized creation of a parking committee and the Council confirmed the appointments of Mayor Lion and Councilmember Shawn Marshall to serve as Council representatives. The two appointed Mill Valley residents will join City staff representatives from the Finance and Police Departments, as well as three members of the business community.
The committee will focus on parking enforcement issues and opportunities in the downtown area. Committee members will define the policy purpose of downtown parking enforcement and identify changes or improvements for both the immediate and longer-term. The committee will develop recommendations to enhance the effectiveness and acceptance of the program while insuring its financial stability. It is expected that this task will be accomplished and a presentation of findings and recommendations provided to the City Council by the end of the calendar year.
Mill Valley residents interested in serving on the committee should submit an application form and a letter describing their interest in parking issues. Applicants can apply online or download the application form. Applicants should submit their application on or before August 21.
Questions or comments: Please contact Linn Walsh, Assistant to the City Manager, 26 Corte Madera Ave, Mill Valley CA, or email email@example.com.
There are lots of opportunities to volunteer in the City!
- Mill Valley Beautification Day - Join us this year on Earth Day for a day of service to the environment! Click here to check out photos from past events.
- Steps, Lanes and Paths - Looking for a way to help promote walking and emergency access? The Steps, Lanes, and Paths Volunteers of Mill Valley are looking for helpers in their many projects around town.
- Community Emergency Response Team (C.E.R.T.) - Would you like to be trained to assist in a large-scale disaster in your neighborhood? Check out the C.E.R.T webpage to learn more.
- Bloomathon - Love to garden and grow flowers? Bloomathon is a group of volunteers that organize community planting opportunities all year long. Contact Patty McCulley at 415-383-1370 x 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library - Love to read and share books? Volunteer at the Library.
- Boards, Commissions & Committees - Interested in serving on one of Mill Valley's Boards, Commissions or Committees? Please visit the Board, Commission & Committee Vacancy Page for information about the latest openings.
Volunteers from Old Mill School celebrate Earth Day by picking up trash in the Plaza.
Last updated: 8/8/2012 1:29:44 PM