- Emergency Preparedness
- Warnings & Alerts
Warnings & Alerts
Emergency Alerts to Your Phone
- Alert Marin - Enter your telephone number and email address and this County-wide program will give you a call, text, or email if there is an emergency.
- Nixle - Nixle is for local public safety alerts and is operated by the Mill Valley Police Department. Alerts can be sent to your phone or email.
- Alert Center - The Alert Center allows City staff to alert community members with time-sensitive information and instructions using multiple channels, including the website homepage, social media, and email.
Also check the following:
- Nextdoor - Nextdoor is a private neighborhood website where residents share information such as neighborhood public safety issues, community events and activities, local services, referrals and lost pet information.
- PG&E Outage Map - Monitor power outages in your area.
- City of Mill Valley - General news and updates on a wide range of City issues. Traffic alerts and emergency notifications.
- Southern Marin Fire District - Emergency updates and emergency preparedness tips.
- Police - Traffic alerts, public safety notifications, emergency notifications.
- City of Mill Valley - General information about all kinds of happenings in Mill Valley.
LRAD Emergency Sirens
Our sirens will broadcast alert tones and audible instructions. The LRAD sirens are located in Cascade, Blithedale and Warner Canyons, plus Scott Valley and atop Mill Valley City Hall. Listen for the sirens at noon on the first Saturday of the month.
Hear sirens? Curious about fire activity in the area? Download the PulsePoint App. This application for mobile devices provides real-time fire agency incident information.
MVConnect is the City of Mill Valley eNewsletter sent twice a month. It is also used for public safety alerts, such as storm events.
Local TV and Radio Stations
In Marin, AM 740, AM 810, FM 106.9, FM 88.5; are good options. In West Marin, KWMR FM 90.5 Point Reyes & FM 89.9 Bolinas are excellent local options. KPIX, KRON, KTVU are good local TV news sources.
Help Us Reach You
In an emergency, we have a team of individuals trying to get you informed as quickly as possible. Help us reach you –
- Sign up for alerts
- Keep your cell phone on and near you at night when you are sleeping
- Get to know your neighbors – If you receive an emergency alert, please share with your neighbors!