City of Mill Valley Resources
The City shares the information below in alignment with our commitment to conduct transparent data collection:
|Department||Description||Link to Data|
|City Manager||View the table that tracks the process of City DEI initiatives/ recommendations to conclusion.||DEI Tracking Tool (PDF)|
|The list of tangible actions details City accomplishments to date.||DEI Tangible Actions|
|Human Resources||The City Employee Demographic Data shows the demographic makeup of City employees as they self-reported via the City of Mill Valley Employee Survey conducted in April 2021. Out of 137 employees, 110 participated in the survey, an 80.3% response rate. It also shows the general resident populations from the US Census for Mill Valley, Marin, and the Bay Area.||City Employee Demographic Data (PDF)|
|Summary of DEI Trainings shows that City staff has completed over 270 hours of DEI training to-date. Staff has participated in general topic trainings, focusing on the role of government in advancing racial equity, as well as industry-specific trainings for different departments.||Summary of DEI Trainings|
|Fire||The community profile uses the most up-to-date data from the U.S. Census and American Community Survey to provide insights into the communities that the Fire Department serves.||Community Profile|
|Police||The Racial Identity Profiling Act (RIPA) page shows specific data regarding detentions and searches.||Racial Identity Profiling Act (RIPA) Data |
- Bay Area Country of Birth Map - The San Francisco Chronicle has created a map that explores where the Bay Area's foreign-born residents come from, plus the estimated total of foreign-born residents in each county.
- Bay Area Equity Atlas - The Bay Area Equity Atlas produces analyses that foster public dialogue about why equity matters to our region's future and provide community leaders with critical data to inform policy change efforts. Data Summary for Marin County
- CDC Social Vulnerability Index - The Social Vulnerability Index (SVI) uses U.S. Census data to determine the social vulnerability of every county and tract. CDC SVI ranks each county and tract on 15 social factors, including poverty, lack of vehicle access, and crowded housing, and groups them into four related themes: Socioeconomic, Housing Composition and Disability, Minority Status and Language, Housing and Transportation.
- Children Now - Children Now takes a whole-child approach, covering the full-range of key children’s issues, from prenatal through age 26, including early childhood development, education, children’s health, childhood trauma and resilience, foster care, and youth justice.
2020-21 California Scorecard of Children's Well Being in Marin County
- Marin County - Homelessness - Information about the County of Marin Health and Human Services approach to homelessness, resources, and data. Homelessness Point In Time Count
- Marin Promise Partnership - Marin Promise Partnership is an integrated network of people, organizations, and systems. The Partnership includes all who make an explicit commitment to align outcomes, and engage in antiracist action toward educational equity. Marin Promise Cradle to Career Milestone Indicators
- Othering & Belonging Institute - A truly unique center for scholarship, research, community partnerships and strategy, the Othering & Belonging Institute at the University of California, Berkeley takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing forward-looking solutions to our world’s greatest challenges. Data, Research, Articles and Events which include Marin County Data
Bay Area Segregation Map - This map allows you to select various measures of segregation in the Bay Area.
- Race Counts - RACE COUNTS measures the overall performance, amount of racial disparity, and impact by population size of counties and cities in California. Marin County Overview.
- Tree Equity Score - Ensuring equitable tree cover across every neighborhood can help address social inequities so that all people can thrive. the Tree Equity Score (TES) calculates scores based on how much tree canopy and surface temperature align with income, employment, race, age and health factors in the U.S. Tree Equity Score Map for Marin County
Do you have a data resource you would like to share? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.