- Public Works
- East Blithedale Rehabilitation Project
- East Blithedale Project FAQ
East Blithedale Project FAQ
Why is this project necessary?
• The East Blithedale Avenue Rehabilitation Project aims to rehabilitate aging pavement conditions, install new bike lanes, upgrade existing traffic signals, and improve access to schools, businesses, and residential areas.
What are the benefits to my neighborhood?
• When construction has been completed the project area will benefit from pavement rehabilitation, storm drain improvements, installing approximately 43 new ADA curb ramps, widening of the sidewalk in front of Boyle Park, bike lane street markings from Sunnyside Ave to Sycamore Ave, new bike route signing and striping at the Millwood Avenue and Sycamore Ave intersections, extending curb ramps, installing rectangular flashing beacons at six crosswalks and sewer repair and lateral replacement.
When did construction start and how long will it take?
• Final paving for Phase I (from US 101 to Amicita Avenue and Ashford Avenue from Meadow Drive to Lomita Drive) construction is underway and is expected to be completed by June 2022.
• Phase II( Amicita Avenue to Elm Street) construction began on April 10th and will continue in phases until October 2023
• Phase III (Elm Avenue to Sunnyside Avenue, Sycamore Avenue from La Goma Street to E Blithedale and Sunnyside Avenue from Mill Avenue to E Blithedale ) construction began on April 10th and will continue in phases until October 2022.
Will my water and sewer service be affected?
• Our construction team will facilitate communication during the project with affected residents, businesses, utility companies, Marin Water District, PG&E, Marin Transit District, Golden Gate Transit, commuters, and other stakeholders. City and Construction Management staff are available to answer questions and review concerns.
Will the project affect the flow of traffic?
• Disruptions to traffic and traffic delay are expected but will be minimized wherever possible. We are seeing major delays during morning and afternoon hours. Flagging and traffic control signs will be used to help direct traffic as needed. Detours are planned and comprehensive traffic control plans will be implemented to minimize inconvenience.
• We appreciate your patience and request that you allow more time for your travel
Will access to properties along the route be maintained during construction?
• Yes. The contractor will ensure that access to residences and at least one entrance to businesses will be maintained throughout construction. Trash and mail services will not be affected.
What are the general working hours for the project?
• Work will typically take place Monday through Friday during daylight hours (8 am – 5 pm). However, there may be times when extended hours are needed due unforeseen construction conflicts, work at night, or weekend work may be necessary for emergency roadway work.
Parents should allow more time for school pick up and drop offs.
Night Paving and Traffic Striping:
• Argonaut is scheduled to grind and pave E. Blithedale Avenue from US 101 to Amicita Avenue and Ashford Avenue from Meadow Drive to Lomita Drive beginning Sunday evening May 22, 2022, through June 23, 2022. The work will be performed between the hours of 8:00 PM & 6:00 AM.
What types of noise and dust impacts are anticipated?
• As with any construction project, routine noise generated by heavy equipment operation is anticipated. During construction, the contractor will be required to keep the roadways free of dirt and other debris and apply water to the site as needed to minimize dust.
What traffic signage is expected?
• Disruptions to traffic will be minimized wherever possible. Flagging will be used to help direct traffic as needed. Detours are planned and comprehensive traffic control plans will be implemented to minimize inconvenience.
How can I receive regular project updates?
• Sign up here for: www.cityofmillvalley.org/EBProject
• If you missed the community meeting, you can watch the video: HERE
Direct Project Contact Information 24/7: (628) 238-0221
Stay Up to Date on the DPW Twitter Site