View or download the December 6, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting Amended Agenda (PDF)
View or download the December 6, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting Agenda (PDF)
View or download the December 6, 2021 Regular City Council meeting agendas, staff reports and/or supporting materials (LINK)
*Pursuant to Government Code Section 54953(b), Councilmember McEntee will be attending the Regular City Council meeting via teleconference from: Hilton Garden Inn, Cypress Meeting Room, 1000 Aguajito Road, Monterey, CA 93940. This teleconference location is accessible to the public and will be open to the public for attendance during the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER
ACTION OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
1. Presentation from the Tamalpais Union High School District Regarding its Facilities Master Plan.
2. Consideration of the November 1, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting Action Minutes.
Recommended Action: Approve the City Council meeting action minutes.
3. Publication of a Draft Resolution and a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Local 2167, Mill Valley Employees’ Association of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) and the City of Mill Valley for Public Information (Continued from the November 15, 2021 Regular City Council meeting).
Recommended Action: No action required; the proposed MOU is presented for public information and action will be proposed at the January 6, 2022 City Council Meeting.
4. Publication of a Draft Resolution Establishing the Salaries and Benefits for the Non-Represented Employees of Mill Valley, Including, Management, Technical, Confidential, and Part-Time Staff (Continued from the November 15, 2021 Regular City Council meeting).
Recommended Action: No action required; the proposed Resolution is presented for public information and action will be proposed at the January 6, 2022 City Council Meeting.
5. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the City of Mill Valley to Enter into the Settlement Agreements with McKesson Corporation, Cardinal Health, Inc., Amerisourcebergen Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Janssen Pharmaceutica, Inc.; Agree to the Terms of the State-Subdivision Agreements; and Authorizing Entry into the State-Subdivision Agreements with the Attorney General Related to the Impacts of the Opioid Crisis.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 21-___.
6. Second Reading and Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Titles 20 and 7 of the Mill Valley Municipal Code Adding Sections 20.68.050 (“Violations”), 20.68.060 (“Enforcement Actions”), Amending Sections 20.66.110 (“Noncompliance”), 20.62.060 (“Appeals”), 20.67.200 (“Appeals”), 20.74.100 (“Appeals”), 20.100.120 (“Planning Commission Decision on an Appeal”), 20.100.130 (“City Council Decision on Appeal”) 7.16.080 (“Exemptions”) and 7.16.090 (“Special Noise Limits and Permits”).
Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance No. ____.
7. Presentation of the General Fund Financial Statement as of June 30, 2021.
Recommended Action: Receive report.
COUNCIL/STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
8. Consideration of Resolutions Approving the East Blithedale Rehabilitation Phases II & III Project Plans, Specifications, and Estimate, (PS&E) and the Filing of a CEQA Notice of Exemption for this Project, Authorizing the City Manager to Award the Bid or Bids, and Execute the Contract, or Contracts, with the Lowest Responsive/Responsible Bidders for Each Phase of the Project, and Approve a Budget Adjustment Utilizing $3,400,000 from the American Rescue Plan Act and $4,200,000 Proceeds from the Recent Bond Refinancing.
Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution Nos. ___ and approve the budget adjustment.
9. Update on the City of Mill Valley Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Work Plan.
Recommended Action: Receive report, accept staff recommendations on next steps, and provide other direction as needed.
10. Consideration of a Property Tax Exchange Agreement between the City of Mill Valley and the Town of Corte Madera with respect to the annexation of a portion of APN 033-200-01, adjacent to 800 Corte Madera Ave. to the Town of Corte Madera. Recommended Action: Authorize City Manager to execute the agreement.
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
The Council will adjourn to the next Regular City Council meeting which will be held on Thursday, January 6, 2022.