In upcoming weeks, PG&E will conduct vegetation safety work in high fire-threat areas of Mill Valley to keep trees, limbs and branches away from powerlines and electric equipment.
What to expect:
- PG&E will inspect trees to identify any safety risks.
- If any safety work is planned for your property, PG&E will notify you by phone calls, postcards and door hangers.
- After work is finished, crews will conduct follow-up quality inspections to ensure work meets required safety standards.
- Customers may also see crews conducting annual routine safety work in their area.
When conducting vegetation safety work, crews will:
- Prune limbs and branches that overhang the 4-foot clearance zone around powerlines with a recommended 12-foot clearance minimum at time of prune for year-round compliance
- Cut down dead, diseased, defective or dying trees that pose a risk to powerlines or electric equipment
- Evaluate the health and condition of trees tall enough to strike powerlines or electric equipment
Impacts to residents:
Will your street be impacted? Click here - The City will regularly post the streets, dates and times residents can anticipate this work being done. Residents in the impacted areas can anticipate lane closures, noise and parking restrictions associated with tree trimming/removal activities equipment.
Contact 1-877-295-4949 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit - pge.com/enhancedveg.