Work is underway to rehabilitate the roadway, giving the community a better driving surface, as well as repairing the aging sewer system to provide better sewage flows for residences and businesses. Signage and striping nighttime work will take place from June 12 to June 22. Construction crews will perform pavement striping on East Blithedale with minimal noise impact from US 101 to Amicita Avenue. Nighttime working hours are from 7:00 pm – to 6:00 am.
New Permanent Traffic Pattern Change (Ashford / Meadow):
Starting daytime Monday, June 20, 2022: The slip lane into Ashford Avenue from westbound East Blithedale Avenue will be restricted to bikes and emergency vehicles only.
New Bike Facilities on East Blithedale Avenue:
Bike lane with buffer zones and flexible delineators will be installed in the eastbound direction from Lomita Drive/Roque Moraes Drive to Kipling Drive/Tower Drive and westbound direction from Kipling Drive/Tower Drive to Ashford Avenue/Meadow Drive as well as at Ashford Avenue/Meadow Drive where bikes transition to the existing bike route on Ashford Avenue. A 4-foot paved shoulder will continue in the westbound direction on East Blithedale Avenue between Ashford Avenue to just east of Lomita Drive.
New This Week:
East Blithedale Rehabilitation Phase 1 (between Tower Drive and Amicita Avenue):
- The City’s contractor, Argonaut Constructors, is raising iron (which brings utilities up to the pavement surface) on both Ashford Avenue and East Blithedale.
- Work crews will mark the street with the preliminary layout for the permanent striping at night on Ashford Avenue and East Blithedale Avenue between Tower Drive and Amicita Avenue.
E. Blithedale Rehabilitation Phase 2 (between Sunnyside Avenue and Mesa Avenue):
- Argonaut's sanitary sewer crew is working to rehabilitate service lateral connections between Sycamore Avenue and Millwood Street. Also, they are making spot repairs to the sewer main. The estimated completion of this work is July 1, 2022.
East Blithedale Rehabilitation Phase 3 (between Sunnyside Ave. and Elm Avenue (West)):
- Argonaut is lowing iron on Sunnyside ahead of the asphalt grinding and paving scheduled to begin June 15 and end by 4:00 pm on June 16. Paving will be completed in time for the Comedy on the Plaza on June 16 after 5 pm. During the grinding and paving, free parking will be available along East Blithedale and at the Depot Plaza Parking lot.
- An anticipated impact includes dust in the area due to the asphalt grinding.
This Week in Photos:
|Cat Tracking on Ashford Ave||Grinding on Sunnyside Ave||Sewer Lateral Replacement|
Upcoming Work: Week of June 20:
- Phase 1: On Sunday night (June 19th) work crews will begin permanent striping on Ashford and East Blithedale between Tower Drive and Amicita Avenue.
- Phase 2: Work on the rehabilitation of sanitary sewer lateral between Millwood Street and Sunnyside Avenue.
- Phase 3: On Friday daytime (June 24th) crews will begin permanent striping on Sunnyside Ave. The street will be closed between Miller and E. Blithedale, free parking will be available along E. Blithedale at the Depot Plaza Parking lot.
Thank You for Your Patience During the Construction
City and Construction Management staff are making efforts to mitigate construction impacts and are collaborating with the Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce to coordinate and notify local businesses of the planned work. City and Construction Management staff are available to answer questions and review concerns.
The City of Mill Valley would like to send out a special thank you to the Mill Valley community for your patience during construction.
Direct Project Contact Information 24/7: (628) 238-0221
Stay Up to Date on the DPW Twitter Site
Click here for the main East Blithedale Project website.
Click here for the previous East Blithedale updates.
East Blithedale FAQ can be found here.