Work crews will continue to close East Blithedale Avenue between Sunnyside Avenue and Amicita Avenue to allow for ongoing sanitary sewer work, main waterline replacement, and concrete work, which involves replacing curb ramps, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and driveways.
End of Full East Blithedale Avenue Closure
Beginning September 16, East Blithedale Avenue will be open to through traffic between Camino Alto and Downtown Mill Valley. Motorists may experience localized closures or one-way traffic control on East Blithedale Avenue until May 2023.
Downtown Concrete Rehabilitation
The concrete work taking place Downtown will progress east from Sunnyside Avenue to Grove Street. One-way traffic control is in effect and street parking on East Blithedale Avenue is available opposite the construction.
What Is Happening This Upcoming Week: September 12
- East Blithedale Rehabilitation Phase 2(between Elm Avenue (west) and Amicita Avenue):
Argonaut Constructors will continue the concrete work along the south side of East Blithedale Avenue. Pedestrians may still use the northern sidewalk – look for a temporary pathway available to access homes along the south sidewalk.
- East Blithedale Rehabilitation Phase 3 (between Sunnyside Avenue and Grove Street):
Argonaut Constructors will continue concrete work along the north side of East Blithedale Avenue between Sunnyside Avenue and Grove Street. Storm drain system improvements will begin on East Blithedale Avenue.
- Marin Water Pipeline Replacement:
Marin Water’s Contractor, Maggiora & Ghilotti will complete the main pipeline replacement on September 16 which will open East Blithedale Avenue to through traffic.
Upcoming Work: Week of September 19th
- Phase 2: Argonaut Constructors will continue concrete work along East Blithedale Avenue (south side) between Elm Avenue (west) and Locust Avenue. Argonaut will replace a storm drain system at Mesa Avenue. There will be one-way traffic control on Mesa Avenue.
- Phase 3: Argonaut Constructors will continue storm drain improvements on East Blithedale Avenue and concrete work along the north side of East Blithedale Avenue between Sunnyside Avenue and Grove Street. Motorists should expect one-way traffic control.
- Marin Water Pipeline Replacement: Marin Water’s contractor will lower thirteen water services. East Blithedale Avenue will have a one-way traffic control between Hill Street and Dell Lane.
This Past Week In Photos:
Pedestrian pathway in place during construction.
Grading and formwork construction for new curb & gutter.
Placement of new sidewalk and curb & gutter.
Installation of rectangular rapid flashing beacon.
Thank You for Your Patience
City and Construction Management staff continue to mitigate construction impacts and are collaborating with the Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce to coordinate and notify local businesses of the planned work. The project team is available to answer questions and review concerns. The City of Mill Valley would like to send out a special thank you to the Mill Valley community for your patience during construction.
Direct Project Contact Information 24/7: (628) 238-0221
Stay Up to Date on the DPW Twitter Site
Click here for the main East Blithedale Project website.
Click here for the previous East Blithedale updates.
East Blithedale FAQ can be found here.