- New sidewalk, and curb ramp bulb out at Equator Coffee’s corner.
- New curb and gutter along Miller from Equator Coffee to Urban Remedy.
- New curb and gutter and form for new sidewalks at the Depot Plaza corner.
- Backfill Lytton Square median with topsoil.
- Remove pavement at Sunnyside for Depot Plaza expansion.
What Is Happening: April 20th Through May 4th
Interstate Paving and Grading Inc. will work on:
- Miller Ave. Equator Coffee to Urban Remedy.
- Relocate streetlights and parking meters.
- Regrade subgrade, install trench drain, and complete the new sidewalks.
- Install a new curb ramp for the crosswalk at D’Angelo.
- Place temp non-skid steel ramps for pedestrian access to each business on Miller Ave.
- Lytton Square
- Place decomposed granite and relocate granite rocks and flagpole to the west side of the Lytton Square median.
- Relocate some of the granite rocks from the Lytton Square median to Old Mill Park.
- Depot Plaza
- Regrade and place decompose granite for the plaza expansion at Sunnyside.
- Throckmorton, and Miller Paving
- Lower existing utilities cover in preparation for the paving operation.
Downtown Parking and Traffic During Construction
Temp No Parking Signs will be posted around the construction area to allow the contractor to demo, remove, off-haul the existing sidewalks, and pour new concrete sidewalks.
Depending on the construction impacts on parking, free parking signs will be posted at some locations on Throckmorton Avenue and on Miller Ave. 2 Hour Max time limit shall still be observed.
No traffic detour or road closure is expected during this phase of the project.
There will be occasions for lane closure and one-way traffic control with flagmen.
A Message from the Chamber of Commerce:
As the construction of the Downtown Project Continues this spring, We Keep Ramping Up Our Support for Downtown Businesses & Nonprofits – Check Out Our New Signs Reminding You to #ShopMV! Click Here
Thank You for Your Patience
City and Construction Management staff continue to mitigate construction impacts and are collaborating with the Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce to coordinate and notify local businesses of the planned work. The project team is available to answer questions and review concerns.
The City of Mill Valley would like to send out a special thank you to the Mill Valley community for your patience during construction.
For more information, please check out the project website at www.cityofmillvalley.org/downtownproject
Project updates are sent out in our Newsletter: Sign Up Here!
The project team will be available with a representatiave at the Depot Plaza every Friday between 10 -10:30 AM throughout the project to address questions.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Hank Doll - the City designated Construction Manager for the project.
Hank Doll, PE, QSD