The Project Team has scheduled the final stage of paving to begin on June 12, 2023. The chosen commencement date is after graduation from the local schools when traffic volume is at its lowest. It will be necessary to close East Blithedale Avenue between Sycamore Avenue and Camino Alto.
What to expect:
- June 12th– Eastbound East Blithedale Avenue between East Drive and Elm Avenue (near Park School) will have full-depth reconstruction.
- June 13th to June 16th – All lanes of East Blithedale Avenue between Elm Avenue (near Park School) and Elm Avenue (east) will have full-depth reconstruction.
- June 19th to June 20th – Grinding the existing roadway surface on East Blithedale Avenue between Carmelita Avenue and Amicita Avenue.
- June 21st to June 22nd – Placement of a base layer of asphalt concrete on East Blithedale Avenue between Carmelita Avenue and Amicita Avenue.
- June 23rd, 26th, and 27th – Placement of the asphalt concrete overlay.
Project update for May 2023:
Argonaut Constructors continues to install thermoplastic striping on Sycamore Avenue between La Goma Street and East Blithedale Avenue and install thermoplastic striping between Sunnyside Avenue and Carmelita Avenue. PG&E has completed their gas line adjustments to services along East Blithedale Avenue between East Drive and Elm Avenue (east).
While the team understands that paving operations are a challenge for the entire community, the team has been able to cut the number of working days by more than half to expedite the project and further minimize impacts.
If possible, we urge motorists to avoid East Blithedale Avenue - use Camino Alto and Miller Avenue to avoid the construction area.
If you drive on East Blithedale, please plan, leave plenty of time to safely reach your destination, and follow posted speed limits and traffic control signs. Please proceed cautiously, as East Blithedale Avenue is an active work zone.
What Is Happening This Upcoming Week: May 29th
• East Blithedale Avenue Rehabilitation: Argonaut Constructors will identify and lower utilities between Elm Avenue (west) and Amicita Avenue before the roadway reconstruction.
What Is Happening the Following Week: June 5th
• East Blithedale Avenue Rehabilitation: Argonaut Constructors will continue lowering utilities between Elm Avenue (west) and Amicita Avenue before the roadway reconstruction.
This Past Week in Photos:
Installation of permanent thermoplastic striping.
Raising sanitary sewer manhole to the top of the roadway surface.
Concrete driveway construction on East Blithedale Ave.
PG&E lowering residential gas line services in advance of the roadway reconstruction and paving.
Thank You for Your Patience
City and Construction Management staff continue to mitigate construction impacts and are collaborating with the Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce to coordinate and notify local businesses of the planned work. The project team is available to answer questions and review concerns. The City of Mill Valley would like to send out a special thank you to the Mill Valley community for your patience during construction.
Direct Project Contact Information 24/7: (628) 238-0221
Stay Up to Date on the DPW Twitter Site
Click here for the main East Blithedale Project website.
Click here for the previous East Blithedale updates.
East Blithedale FAQ can be found here.