HERo Girls Fire Camp
The fire agencies throughout Marin County, in partnership with Golden State Women in the Fire Service, have come together to host the first annual Girls Fire Camp. This free, two-day camp, instructed by Golden State Women in the Fire Service, volunteers, and the women throughout Marin County, encourages and empowers the campers to learn skills associated with the fire service, such as emergency medical services, extrication, ventilation, ladders, hose lays, and other essential skills. Held at Novato Fire District's Fire Station 62, campers ages 14-18 will get to learn from other females in the fire service and have the chance to prove to themselves that they, too, can become a firefighter.
- Dates: Saturday, October 7, 2023 and Sunday, October 8, 2023.
- Time: 8:00am-4:00pm. Morning Check-In will open at 7:30am.
- Location: Novato Fire District's Station No. 62- located at 450 Atherton Ave, Novato, CA 94945
- Who can attend?: Students ages 14-18; This camp is inclusive to all genders
- What is provided?: The camp is free for all who attend. Breakfast and lunch will be provided both days. Water and hydration stations will be available throughout the site. All equipment will be provided by the fire agencies and camp directors.
- What to wear?: Campers should dress in clothing that they find comfortable and easy to move in. Personal protection equipment (PPE) will be provided to the campers each morning. Each camper will also be provided with a camp t-shirt, which will be worn throughout the camp.
Registration is officially open! Please scan the QR code or visit bit.ly/3Z8s1IR
to register. Registration is required to attend and spots are limited. Please make sure to register soon!
Download event PDF