CALL TO ORDER
ACTION OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA ORDER
1. Presentation from the Tamalpais Union High School District Regarding its Facilities Master Plan.
2. Consideration of the November 1, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting Action Minutes. Recommended Action: Approve the City Council meeting action minutes.
3. Publication of a Draft Resolution and a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Local 2167, Mill Valley Employees’ Association of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) and the City of Mill Valley for Public Information (Continued from the November 15, 2021 Regular City Council meeting). Recommended Action: No action required; the proposed MOU is presented for public information and action will be proposed at the January 6, 2022 City Council Meeting.
4. Publication of a Draft Resolution Establishing the Salaries and Benefits for the Non-Represented Employees of Mill Valley, Including, Management, Technical, Confidential, and Part-Time Staff (Continued from the November 15, 2021 Regular City Council meeting). Recommended Action: No action required; the proposed Resolution is presented for public information and action will be proposed at the January 6, 2022 City Council Meeting.
5. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the City of Mill Valley to Enter into the Settlement Agreements with McKesson Corporation, Cardinal Health, Inc., Amerisourcebergen Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Janssen Pharmaceutica, Inc.; Agree to the Terms of the State-Subdivision Agreements; and Authorizing Entry into the State-Subdivision Agreements with the Attorney General Related to the Impacts of the Opioid Crisis. Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution No. 21-___.
6. Second Reading and Adoption of an Ordinance Amending the Mill Valley Municipal Code Title 20 (“Zoning Code”), including: 1) an Ordinance Updating the Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) and Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit (JADU) Regulations in Section 20.90 Based on Existing Urgency Ordinance 1323U; and 2) an Ordinance Adding Section 20.91 to Incorporate New Regulations for Two-Unit Projects in Single Family Zones Based on Recent State Legislation (SB9); and 3) Consideration of Amending the City’s Single-Family Design Guidelines to Include an Addendum Establishing Objective Design Standards for Qualifying Two-Unit Projects. Recommended Action: Adopt Ordinance No. ____.
7. Presentation of the General Fund Financial Statement as of June 30, 2021. Recommended Action: Receive report.
COUNCIL/STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS AND COUNCIL LIAISON REPORTS
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
PUBLIC OPEN TIME
8. Consideration of Resolutions Approving the East Blithedale Rehabilitation Phases II & III Project Plans, Specifications, and Estimate, (PS&E) and the Filing of a CEQA Notice of Exemption for this Project, Authorizing the City Manager to Award the Bid or Bids, and Execute the Contract, or Contracts, with the Lowest Responsive/Responsible Bidders for Each Phase of the Project, and Approve a Budget Adjustment Utilizing $3,400,000 from the American Rescue Plan Act and $4,200,000 Proceeds from the Recent Bond Refinancing. Recommended Action: Adopt Resolution Nos. ___ and approve the budget adjustment.
9. Update on the City of Mill Valley Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Work Plan. Recommended Action: Receive report, accept staff recommendations on next steps, and provide other direction as needed.
10. Consideration of a Property Tax Exchange Agreement between the City of Mill Valley and the Town of Corte Madera with respect to the annexation of a portion of APN 033-200-01, adjacent to 800 Corte Madera Ave. to the Town of Corte Madera. Recommended Action: Authorize City Manager to execute the agreement.
COUNCIL REQUESTS AND IDEAS FOR DISCUSSION
The Council will adjourn to the next Regular City Council meeting which will be held on Thursday, January 6, 2022.
- Watch online:
- Watch on your television: Marin TV (Comcast CH 27 | AT&T 99)
Submit live public comments in real-time to the City Council. Learn more about the eComment program.
The City of Mill Valley does not discriminate against any individual with a disability. Upon request, City publications will be made available in the appropriate format to persons with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation to participate, please contact the City Clerk at 388-4033 (TTY 711) at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The City will use its best efforts to make reasonable accommodations to provide as much accessibility as possible, while also maintaining public safety.